Pages


Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Morning (24-7) Sickness Wanna Be Remedies: 7 Weeks, Day 6

 
 Oh the wonderful world of morning (24-7) sickness. Jonny and I have tried a lot of things to try and help calm my stomach but I finally resorted to going to to the doctors. I wish I would have gone sooner. Maybe I could have avoided the mental break down in the waiting area. (I know I don't have an appointment you told me I could walk in - but 2 1/2 hours? REALLY? Aren't I supposed to eat every 2-3 hours so that I don't puke?) Ya- I cried as I asked if they had forgotten me. I had to run to the bathroom. At least I have an excuse for being a crazy now... I am pregnant! Watch out now!!


Ginger snaps are supposed to help - I didn't really notice a great effect but they are nice to dip in peppermint tea. Peppermint tea really helps. This was the first thing that I found that had a noticeable effect.
The classic soda cracker. I eat these in the middle of the night when I get up to pee and my stomach is hungry. I am not looking forward to retraining myself to not eat in the middle of the night after all this is through. I might get used to my midnight snacking!









Vitamin B6 was an awesome find. I first tried this during OBST at Enver Creek. It didn't take it away but it helped. Jonny got 50mg tablets. We first started cutting them into threes and having them three times a day. Now he cuts them into two and I have them twice a day.









Preggie Pop Drops are also expensive. $8.98 for 21 pieces that is about $0.42 each. That is without tax. They taste good and help sooth the tummy for a short period of time. They are easy to keep in your pocket and I can pop one in my mouth during class when I am starting to feel pukey.







Diclectin - I got this from the doctor. I take two, twice a day. It helps but still not a cure. At least I have been able to get some work done at school. I can't move and dance and jump around or anything but I can walk and sit and focus. It does make me sleepy. I still puke every morning. I am thinking of trying to take this around 5am - maybe that will help for getting up. It is $$$ but worth it.  120 tablets for $183!! That is $6/ day. (I have already submitted my receipt to Blue Cross)

Dr. Montgomery also said I could take Gravol. I have read otherwise and will only take it if I really need it. So far, I haven't taken it.



Thanks to my loving husband for putting up with me while I whine and cry and heave and spit and burp and fart and puke. You must really, really love me!


No comments:

Post a Comment