Pages


Monday, August 27, 2012

Fifth Appointment with Dr. Spehar's Substitue: 26 Weeks, Day 7

Dr. Spehar was on vacation so we had a replacement doctor whose name I did not catch. The great thing about this appointment was it was one minute early and I found out that I do not have gestational diabetes. YAY!

I peed in the cup, got weighed, blood pressure, belly measured, and the baby heartbeat was taken. The normal stuff and all normal. I didn't have any problems to report.

She asked if we were taking pre-natal classes and I said that I didn't think I had to take those if I was getting a c-section. That's where I went wrong. I shouldn't have brought up the c word. She forget to tell us anything more about prenatal classes and continued on a rant of RARE risk factors involved with my decision. I listened and smiled and said, "But most babies delivered by this method are fine, right?" The answer is affirmative.

I jokingly asked if it was still a boy and Jonny asked about the odds of the ultra sound technicians being wrong. Annina scared him with a story about a friend who thought she was having one sex and it came out the opposite. Now, Jonny is worried that Christian is ilo. He is worried that all of his plans and pictures in his head have been a waste. I just figure if it comes out a girl it can wear the boy clothes - no big deal really. Nothing to get upset over anyways. I still believe it is a boy and I am not going to worry about it either way. I am just going to continue on as I knew what I was doing. (This is my mom's saying.)

Jonny also asked about early and late births. The doctor told us that is what they are watching for. Our next appointment will be in three weeks and after that it will be every two weeks and then every week. We also found out if we do have a c-section they will perform that at thirty-nine weeks. When is that? Let me look it up on the calendar. Whoa!! Did I count right? That means that I will have the baby around November 20th!! I stop work on November 16th. Cool! No waiting around - Christian will be coming out to play right away.

All in all, this appointment left us with an overall bad feeling. There was a condescending tone to it. When Dr. Marketa is back at our next appointment we will make sure to deal with this c-section decision and get the consent forms signs and dealt with so we don't have to have THE TALK again. We will also find out more information about pre-natal classes. (I don't really want to take those - but I would like to find out more about them - where, when, and what they consist of - who knows? Maybe I do want to take them.)

Our next appointment is: September 27 at 1:15. That is four weeks... she was trying to book it in at three weeks but I am trying to work around school stuff now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment