Thursday, September 27, 2012

Sixth Appointment with Dr. Spehar: 31 Weeks, 3 Days

Today was doctor day. This is gross - but I had two little warts on the bottom of my right foot so I went to my family doctor this morning as a walk in patient. My doctor was away but I had a nice woman doctor who zapped those babies right off! Now, which kid gave me that nasty virus... or was it me that is passing it around? Either way it is zapped and I cleaned the house and I am going to Lysol the school with a vengeance tomorrow. I will also be keeping my socks on while I dance - just in case it was a little niblet that infected me.

After I scoured the house and Windexed the floors, I went to the hearing doctor. I got my HA's turned up to 90%. He said that this may be as far as I want them up. I should try them at this level for six to eight weeks. So, I think I will focus on the baby and then deal with the hearing aids - if I want them turned up after I will go back. I probably won't want to hear the crying any louder. The doctor said, if I am not asking people to repeat themselves there is no need to adjust them further. And, they are loud now. I was on the fourth floor at the doctor's office and I could hear the bus outside. Weird. I was actually just having a conversation with Ian and part of it he was in his room! Amazing!

Finally, my last doctor stop was Dr. Spehar. I was nervous about this one because today was the day I was going to get to the bottom of the C section and I thought I would have to fight for my rights. I woke up at 3 am and couldn't get back to sleep because I was going over what I was going to say and Christian had the hiccups and kicked me a bunch. He was awake worrying too.

I am sure you can tell where I am going with this... it was easy. Dr. Spehar was awesome! She went over some papers and I signed them... and done. No fuss. She said that back in the day if a woman wanted to make this choice they had to bring their case to a committee. Anywho - it is done and she will book me in 6 weeks before and it will be during my thirty-ninth week. (around November 20.)

She measured me and she said I am normal but she is expecting a large baby. It won't be a little peanut she said. She took the heart beat and it was 135 - normal. She measured my blood pressure and that was normal too. She also felt around and she could tell which way the baby is. He is head down.

Oh ya... one other thing that she brought up while I was signing the papers was tubal ligation or salpingectomy. If I am only planning on having one child I could have my tubes tied or cut right out. I could also go back on the pill or use and IUD. All of these options will be things that I have to research and discuss with Jonny before any decision is made. It is a crazy one and it will take some serious contemplation.

The sun is shining and the laundry is waiting to be folded... LATER! 

No comments:

Post a Comment